Preschool Teaching Staff: Miss Diane, Miss Kylie, Miss Danielle, Miss Jess, Miss Alexa; Assistant teachers: Miss Emma, Miss Bianca, Miss Jaime
Preschool Daily Schedule
- 7:00-7:30 Arrival (Toddler Room)
- 7:30-8:30 Enter Preschool/Free Choice
- 8:30-9:30 Snack/Free choice
- 9:30-10:00 Clean up/bathrooms/movement activity
- 10:00-11:00 Circle/Story/Activities
- 11:00-12:00 Outside or Indoor movement
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch/bathrooms
- 1:00-3:00 Rest time
- 3:00-4:00 Snack/Free choice/bathrooms
- 4:00-5:00 Clean up/movement activity/indoor gross motor (or outside in the summer when it’s light out)
- 5:00-6:00 Circle/story/activities/dismissals
- 6:00 Center Closed
Our Preschool day has a mix of student lead, play based, and teacher guided lessons and activities. We use movement throughout the day and take into consideration a child’s attention span.
- Children use the bathroom or are changed as needed, before going outside, and before resting.
- Children can have water anytime requested.
- During transition times, and many other times throughout the day, the children are read a story, do music and movement, or play a game.
- Center play is free play in any of our centers in the big classroom.
- Small groups may move throughout the day into: the music and movement room for yoga or active play, upstairs to the fellowship hall for indoor gross motor, or across the hall into the smaller classroom for table toys and manipulatives with a teacher, according to ratios.
- Art/Project/Activity times vary and are based on curriculum plans and age appropriate learning. This is anything from practicing cutting and gluing to letter and number recognition or practicing writing.
Learn & Grow
Learn & Grow Together was developed by the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) to help you understand and nurture your child. It provides general information about the stages of child development and suggestions for fun activities you can do as a family to help your children learn and grow.